Planning a major event like a wedding this year or next? Read below to learn some of the major tips and trends in these changing times to make your event PANDEMIC PERFECT.
- Weddings have generally gotten much smaller–all the way down to the micro level. Couples who don’t want to delay their weddings months and months down the line are inviting close family–if that–for what are now being called “micro weddings.” Family who don’t feel comfortable coming for the event itself can watch it via Zoom, Facebook live, or another live streaming service.
- Another trend in weddings is to have a “shift “reception, wherein the older guests come first to the reception, then younger guests who are more inclined to party into the later hours come at a later appointed time. That way, couples are allowed to have a larger guest list and avoid maximum density/social distancing concerns.
- In terms of catering, many couples are foregoing the buffet and opting for pre-packaged meals customized to each guest. Some with daytime receptions are even opting for picnic themed-options or other creative ideas to minimize contact with food.
- On the flip side, many couples who would have preferred a sit-down meal at their reception are opting for a limited buffet wherein items are served by a single attendant to minimize contact with food. Smaller but filling items such as sliders, shrimp and grits bowls, etc, work PERFECTLY in this arrangement.
- Just because the wedding and reception are smaller doesn’t mean the budget has to be! Many couples are using these times to offer special touches they wouldn’t have been able to with a huge wedding. For example, consider working with your caterer to craft a signature cocktail for your guests that can be served during the cocktail hour or throughout the event.
Wholly Smokin’ is ON TOP of all of the latest trends in catering–weddings, rehearsal dinners, showers, parties, corporate events–and is ready to help you make your day PANDEMIC PERFECT! Call us or email us and allow us the opportunity to work with you. (843) 624-2024 or email@example.com. We can also be found on wedding wire and The Knot.